FAREWELL
By L. J. Ernster © March, 1989
The time has come to say Farewell,To our friends of many years,
But on happy old times, I will briefly dwell, At the risk of an eye full of tears.
I remember the days of the Square Dance Calls, Promenade and left Alamand,
The whoops and hollers that rang off the walls When the caller sang "Right and left grand.
I think of the days on the golf course,
Of the chips and the putts and the drives, I feel those times were often the source, That brought the best days of our lives.
But the happiest days were those that we spent,
Out on the desert so wide,
From the slab we would, on our bikes go hell bent, Off to Soggy and back we would ride.
So, here's to our friends,
We wish you all well,
Come visit us soon,
Until then,--- Farewell.
Lawrence J. Ernster Page 14
No comments:
Post a Comment