SILENT PLEA
By L. J. Ernster
© November 14, 1988
Mother,
Mother, hear my plea, Don't take my precious life from me. The right to
life is God's to give, I beg you mother, let me live.
Don't listen to the things they tell, That I am but a bloody cell.
Don't hear them when they try to say, I'm just a stain to wipe away.
From here within your womb I cry,
I'm oh so much too young to die, And if you do not hear my plea, This is the fate in store for me.
I'll
never learn to laugh or cry, Or love mom, flag and apple pie. I'll
never climb upon your knee, Or giggle when you tickle me.
I'll never see the light of day, Or learn to walk, or run and play. I'll never hear a Robin sing,
Or see a fledgling Wren take wing.
The only thing I'll ever feel,
Will be the pain of cold, hard steel, As it cuts the life from me.
Mother, Mother, hear my plea.
No comments:
Post a Comment